The Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta Forged Master Cylinder is Brembo's new addition to the RCS line - our most popular selling aftermarket brake master. The variable lever ratio makes this the perfect option as it allows the rider to tune the feel in a way that best suits their individual riding style. IMPORTANT NOTE: We recommend purchasing the Brembo Brake Reservoir Mounting Kit for RCS and other Brembo Master Cylinders (Sold Separately) with this master cylinder. This reservoir is designed to work with the Corsa Corta (other Brembo masters as well) to get the most professional end result.
ONE MASTER CYLINDER, THREE RIDE MODES
The selector operates a cam mechanism to let the user choose between three different responsiveness settings.
In the Normal setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter N, the bite point starts more gradually, making it suitable for city riding or braking in poor grip conditions.
In the Sport setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter S, the beginning of the bite point is shorter than in the N setting. This setting produces a more dynamic response suitable for sportier riding.
Lastly, in the Race setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter R, the position of the cam mechanism shortens the initial stage of the bite point even further to produce the same immediate response of the master cylinders used in MotoGP, letting the rider reach the bite point of the brakes instantaneously. This setting is ideal for use on the race track, where every hundredth of a second shaved off a lap time counts.
By simply changing from one setting to another, the rider can configure the braking response and feel of the bike immediately and predictably.
The master cylinder housing is machined from forged aluminium with 5 axis CAM technology. The ultra-hard oxidised surface finish chosen for the master cylinder housing ensures outstanding wear resistance and extremely low friction between moving parts.
The floating piston and gaskets are the same as the components used in MotoGP, as are the bleed and brake fluid delivery circuit couplings. These are inclined by over 30° to facilitate bleeding of the master cylinder.
The development of the 19RCS CORSA CORTA also included a design project to create a coherent style for all the components of the master cylinder itself, and as a result, the 19RCS CORSA CORTA has a distinct, dynamic and sporty look which is perfectly in keeping with the visual identity of the motorcycles for which it is intended (application for registered design/model submitted together with patent for the technology used).
Radial master cylinder designed for street bikes that allows maximum readiness and perfectly modulable braking in any conditions of use with excellent linearity between the force applied to the lever and the braking response.
This brake master cylinder has the RCS system, patented by Brembo, for adjustment of the lever centre distance which allows you to obtain the ideal feeling between rider and bike. In just a few seconds using a simple screwdriver you can make the braking system more aggressive and reactive (20 mm) or softer and modulable (18 mm).
This model uses a 19 mm diameter piston and an folding long lever (LL), a detail which is particularly popular with Racing riders and those who love to ride on the track.
Brembo uses only cutting-edge procedures in order to guarantee excellent operation and performance. In fact, the aluminium alloy brake master cylinder main body is obtained through forging and then machined with numerically controlled equipment.
For the surface finishing oxidation was chosen which is normally used in MotoGP and Superbike.
- Material: Forged aluminium
- Piston mm: 19
- Lever ratio: 18-20
- Lever type: Folding, standard length
- Single/double disc: DOUBLE
- Surface protection: Hard anodized
- Weight (gr): 350
- Brake light micro-switch: Yes, switch is included
- Banjo Bolt: Double banjo bolt with copper washers included
Items required to complete installation:
- We suggest using the Brembo Brake Reservoir Mounting Kit (Brembo Part# 110.A263.85) as it includes a reservoir, bracket, hardware and tubing.
- The 19RCS includes a double banjo bolt with 4 copper washers. This will work if you have a 2 brake lines coming off the master cylinder. If you only have 1 line off the master you will need a M10x1.0 Single Banjo Bolt Brembo Part# 06.2228.76 or equivelant.
- If you intend to use your stock reservoir you will require a length of 6mm Tygon 2375 Tubing and 2 3/8" Spring Clamps.
- Brake fluid will be needed. We suggest replacing all of the fluid in the system when you install the master.
- The Speed Bleeder Bag and Hose Kit is a real asset when bleeding the brakes. It can keeps the job clean and can be reused.