The Alpinestars Tech-Air Race Airbag System is finally available in the US! The Tech-Air Race Airbag Vest integrates with select Alpinestars Race Suits and Jackets (see list below) which allows you to use this for more than just track riding. In Race Mode it can deploy twice (ALL SIZES EXCEPT 2XL which uses BOTH charges for a single deployment), offering CE Protection for 2 crashes. In Street Mode it can only deploy once, using both cartridges during the inflation. The airbag covers pretty much everywhere you see vest, chest, back, shoulders etc... for maximum protection.
Van will be switiching from the Dainese D-Air to the Alpinestars Tech-Air Race System and we will keep updating this listing as well as our videos for the Tech-Air as we use the system oursleves which will allow us to support you at the highest level.
||Alpinestars Suit Size
Alpinestars Tech-Air Race Compatible Items:
Alpinestars GP Tech V2 One Piece Race Suit
Alpinestars GP Pro One Piece Race Suit
Alpinestars Missile One Piece Race Suit
Alpinestars Missile Leather Jacket
Alpinestars Oscar Charlie Leather Jacket
Alpinestars T-Missile Air Jacket
Alpinestars T-Missile Drystar Jacket
- Ergonomically profiled, performance fit airbag vest optimized for use with compatible racing/performance riding airbag leather suit.
- Airbag Control Unit incorporated within strong, lightweight, ergonomic polymer back protector, specially optimized for race and track use.
- Electronic sensors incorporated in the system's chassis, meaning vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably with compatible leather suit.
- Advanced multi-material main shell incorporates Lycra , 2D mesh and Cordura.
- Interior comprises of perforate Lycra, 3D mesh and comfort edging for high levels of comfort.
- Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
- Incorporates removable Velcro waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
- Argon inflator cartridges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard.
- System's firmware is upgradable and can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street airbag settings for non racing use in road and off-road situations.
- ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function between -10°C and +50°C.
- ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
- System uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
- Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
- Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance between 45 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
- Design and manufacture CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive.
- In RACE mode only the vest can inflate 2 times.