Surpassing the once top-of-the-line Sidi Vertigo Corsa boot after two years of development, Sidi is proud to present their newest racing boot: The "Vortice". (Pronounced: Vor-Tee-Che).
- The Sidi Vortice is constructed of Lorica The Sidi Vortice is constructed of Lorica Lorica is a composite micro strand material created from threads so fine, they are less than one thousandth the thickness of a strand of silk. When infused a special resin blend, these fibers act like natural hide, but with better strength and more supple texture than leather, along with being lighter and better at moisture protection. Lorica is also tough and resistant to damage and abrasion, yet maintains breathability with more than three million pores per square centimeter. Easy to care for, Lorica won't stain or scratch. In addition to this, it provides more flexibility feel than natural hide racing boots
- The Sidi Vortice is lined with Teflon vented mesh, Special treatment with Teflon protects textiles, by keeping sweat and water from being absorbed. This will allow your boots to dry quickly without harboring mold.
- The lining in the toe area is in Cambrelle a strong, supple lining, developed by extensive research at Sidi for multiple-liner boot systems
- Sidi has added a small elastic panel to aid in a smooth zipper operation to aid in fit as the zipper passes over the rider's ankle
The rear upper part of the boot is made up of the following mechanisms: TECNO CALF TENSIONER, TECNO SHIN TENSIONER and ANKLE SUPPORT SYSTEM. This group of features ensures a precise fit and maximum safety.
- The Techno Calf Tensioner Mechanism adjusts the leg circumference. Placed in the back of the boots upper, it works through a nylon wire that hooks directly to the shin plate. The TECNO CALF TENSIONER can be replaced and it's available in different sizes to fit around various sizes of calf muscles
- The Techno Shin Tensioner Mechanism helps the TECNO CALF TENSIONER close the leg upper on the front part of the boot. The two lateral nylon braces affix the ankle joint with two screws that are protected by nylon caps. This system is reinforced with fiberglass, supports the ankle, and is easy to replace if necessary. This system allows for excellent flex movement front-to-back while being sturdy side-to-side
- Air Ventilation System: a third brace is located on the outer-lower part of the boot and features an air intake that can be operated by an aerodynamic shaped button
- Techno Instep Tensioner: The Vortice features an additional fastening system on the front part of the foot, on the instep. It consists of a wrap-around fascia which can be precision adjusted by the TECNO INSTEP TENSIONER mechanism that has proven critical in rider safety by the previous model, the Sidi Vertigo Corsa
- Shock Absorbing Heel Cup: a polyurethane shell holds a shock absorbing insert, visible from the outside through 4 small slits that mark out the look of the heel. The shell is mobile as it's fixed to the boot by 2 screws that allow 3 mm of impact movement
- Shin Plate: made in nylon and it is embedded on a polyurethane frontal support. Both parts are replaceable frontal support. Both parts are replaceable
- The Vortice Toe Slider: made in nylon reinforced with fiberglass. It is fitted with a new air intake and a new alloy insert. All pieces are replaceable
- The ALL NEW Racing SRS Sole: is constructed of a polyurethane and rubber composition. It features a removable insert in front of the arch area where much wear and tear typically takes place due to sharp metal brake pedals and shift levers. Another patented-exclusive Sidi feature!
- The gear change pad is molded of DuPont Techno-polymers which ensure that the plastics qualities will not change in high or low temperatures
- The composite inner sole of the Vortice resists side-to-side compression offering greater resistance compared to the leather inner soles which many of Sidi's competitors use
- Replaceable TPU heel plate slider and integrated side insert give highly efficient impact protection and reduce friction in the event of a fall
- The insole features a removable arch which will never lose its dynamic characteristics, even after months of intense use; it is water resistant and is made to withstand high footpeg pressures
- All parts of the boot can be replaced
- A Perforated "Air Model" is available in both Black and White