Adventure riding essentially knows no bounds. SHOEI''S Hornet X2 offers serious dual-sport enthusiasts the optimal balance between on- and off-road form and function. Designed to maintain peak performance without compromising the core values of long distance touring, the Hornet X2 is a true all-road, all-weather helmet.
Striking the optimal balance between on-and-off-road form and function, the Hornet X2 offers serious dual-sport enthusiasts the perfect helmet for all corners of their journey. Designed to maintain peak performance in every condition thrown its way without compromising the core values of a long distance touring helmet, the all-new Hornet X2 is a true all-road, all-weather helmet.
- Designed to maintain performance in every condition
- Strikes optimal balance between on-and-off raod form and function
- Mouthpiece and chin bar designed to improve ventilation perfromance while providing additional air space to accomodate heavy breathing during off-road riding
- Performance, aerodynamics, ventilation, functionality, and comfort for every road
Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell Construction
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critical as its first and second layers of defense, which is precisely why the Hornet X2 features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ shell and Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner.
- Smaller, lighter yet stronger shell design, compact, and aerodynamic
- Four shell sizes ensure a custom fit
- Proprietary technology integrates a multi-ply matrix
- Hand-laid layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
Dual-Layer/Multi-Density EPS Liner
Dual-layer multi-density EPS liner accommodates a more compact design without compromising ventilation.
- Provides enhanced impact absorpion by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
CNS-2 Shield System
Along with the Hornet X2’s large eye port, the CNS-2 shield offers unparalleled vision across the entire optical range, and coupled with the innovative QR-N base plate, shield changes are quick and efficient for easy adaptation during your journey.
- CNS-2 3D injection-molded shield offers a distortion-free view
- Innovative ribs on the top edge of the shield improve rigidity when opening and closing
- QR-N base plate system offers quick and efficient shield removal without having to remove the visor
- Improved shield locking system
- Comes equipped with Pinlock EVO fog-resistant system
- Wider and taller field of vision
- Protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures a distortion-free view throughout entire field of vision
QR-N Base Plate System
- Facilitates quick and efficient shield changes for easy adaption
- Strengthened spring-loaded technology and a dual-lip, dual-layered window beading ensurea dust, wind, and waterproof seal
- Roomy eye port accepts goggles when the shield is in the fully open position
- Quick-release base plates allow for qick sheild removal if you prefer to run your goggles with the shield removed
3D Max-Dry System II Interior
The Hornet X2 is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry System II interior capable of dissipating sweat 2x faster than traditional nylon interior.
- Center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match contours of the rider's head, allowing a comfortable fit while maintaining a firm hold for high speed riding
- 3D-shaped to match contours of a rider's head
- Max-Dry System II liner material quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable, and adjustable
- Available in multiple sizes for improved comfort and helmet stabilization
Emergency Qick Release System (E.Q.R.S.)
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider's head with minimal load placed on his/her neck
The Hornet X2's all-new V-460 visor was fine-tuned and perfected in SHOEI’s wind tunnel, and it's innovative "wedge" shape and strategically placed louvers combine to yield the optimal balance between aerodynamics and traditional visor functionality.
- Proper balance between aerodynamics and traditional visor functionality
- Strategically designed to push air into the upper air intake for optimal cooling
- Innovative "wedge" shape and strategically placed louvers allow wind to pass through unobstructed during high-speed riding, reducing lift and drab
- Provides sunshade and roost protection during off-road riding
- Quarter-turn screws for quick removal and installation
A well-ventilated helmet is essential to dual-sport riding and its varying speeds, weather conditions, and levels of physical exertion, so the Hornet X2 spent priceless time in SHOEI's wind tunnel achieving the perfect balance between airflow, silence, and functionality.
- Designed for dual-sport riding's varying speeds, weather conditions, and levels of physical exertion
- Four (4) air intakes
- Seven (7) exhaust vents
- Wind tunnel-optimized to maximize airflow and improve negative air pressure exhaust suction