Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Review and Sizing Info from STG
- We feel the Shoei GT-Air II Helmet has an Intermediate Oval Shape, while offering a sport fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-14, Shoei RF-1200 and Bell Star (2016 and up) Helmets. Comparing the on / off effort to the Shoei RF-1200 and X-14 Helmets we find the GT-Air II very similar. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which per the Shoei Helmet Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium GT-Air II Helmet delivers a true sport fit that runs pretty consistent with the Icon AirFrame Pro, HJC RPHA 11 Pro, Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, Shoei RF-1200, Bell Star (2016 and up) in the same size (medium). Note: we have seen riders choose on size larger than the Shoei Chart would suggest trying to reduce that initial on / off effort and regret that choice after the helmet breaks in. When deciding if the helmet fits focus on the feel once the helmet is on more than effort required to take it off and on.
- The Shoei GT-Air II is a Street Helmet that best suits riders on bikes that offer more of an upright riding position in order to extract the best performance it has to offer. This helmet is a solid option for any Street Bike offering a more neutral riding position, from v-twin to sport bikes. While you could ride on the track with this helmet we would suggest looking at the Shoei RF-1200 Helmet if you see yourself splitting time between the street and track.
- DOT Approved.
- The Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet uses 3 Shell Sizes.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Shoei CNS-1 Pinlock Ready Shield, a Pinlock EVO Insert, a Chin Curtain, a Breath Guard, and a Shoei Helmet Bag.
With the innovative and highly-acclaimed GT-Air as a baseline, the all-new GT-Air II was destined for greatness from the very start. Advancements in design, functionality and performance have further evolved SHOEI’s premiere full-face touring helmet, yielding even easier adaptation to the ever-changing conditions throughout your journeys. Featuring a lengthened internal sun shield for optimal sun-glare protection, all-new "first position" shield opening for advanced ventilation and defogging, enhanced aerodynamics and noise-reduction technology, and the ability to seamlessly integrate with the all-new SENA SRL2 Communication System, the GT-Air II is equipped to accommodate your every need.
Shoei GT-Air II Helmet Technical Features:
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Design Concept
- Evolved design, functionality and performance over its predecessor
- Wind tunnel-tested and refined aerodynamics
- Shell-integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag
- Noise-reduction technology reduces unwanted wind and road noise
- New, longer flip-down internal sun shield cuts down on sunlight entering the helmet
- Designed for seamless integration with SENA SRL2 communication system
- Adapts to the ever-changing conditions that lie ahead
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Intercom-Ready Design
- Designed for seamless integration with the SENA SRL2 Communication System
- SRL2 is specially developed for the GT-Air II, and is sold exclusively by SENA
- For more information on the SENA SRL2 Communication System, please contact us or visit sena.com
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Ventilation Performance
- Redesigned upper air intake shutter draws in more fresh, cooling air
- Enlarged lower air intake opening allows greater airflow into the helmet
- Large upper and lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves
- Three (3) intake and five (5) exhaust vents
- Wind tunnel-optimized to maximize airflow and improve negative air pressure exhaust suction
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Aerodynamics & Noise-Reduction
- Wind tunnel-optimized to strike the perfect balance between airflow and silence
- Compact shell shape with aggressive, streamlined styling
- Improved, airtight window beading prevents unwanted wind noise
- Reduction of unwanted wind and road noise through superior sealing and aerodynamics
- Enhanced internal sun shield system reduces unwanted noise
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet CNS-1 Shield
- Wider and taller field of vision
- Protects from 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures a distortion-free view throughout entire field of vision
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet CNS-1 Base Plate System
- Smooth and easy shield changes
- SHOEI’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Redesigned base plate gear has an all-new "first position" shield opening feature
- New first position shield opening has been optimized for advanced venting and defogging without allowing excess wind to distract the rider
- New airtight window beading drains/prevents water from entering helmet
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Internal Sun Shield
- Built-in QSV-2 sun shield is 5mm longer and gives riders improved, instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion
- Large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection-molded inner shield
- Distortion-free view blocks 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays
- Forehead area of outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, allowing for the integrity of the helmet’s inner EPS liner to remain intact
- Exceeds ANSI Z80.3-2010 standard for non-prescription eyewear
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Multi-Ply Matrix Aim Shell
- Proprietary technology integrates a multi-ply matrix specifically designed to meet DOT standards
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- Shell-integrated spoiler with consistent shell thickness guarantees proper strength and weight
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Multi-Piece/Multi-Density EPS Liner
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S.)
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider’s head with minimal load placed on his/her neck
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet Micro Ratchet Chinstrap
- Patented 100% stainless steel interlocking mechanism
- Quick and smooth closure and opening
- Comfortable and easily-adjustable
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Deviation Helmet 3D Max-Dry Interior System
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable, and adjustable
- Exclusive Max-Dry material absorbs and dissipates sweat 2X faster than traditional nylon
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
- Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization
- Premium two-tone interior fabric and red stitching accentuate the unmatched fit and finish
- Optional interior components available in different sizes for a customizable fit
| || |
Shoei GT-Air II Helmet Warranty
- Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from purchase date or seven years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first. The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer, (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc., ) is not covered under warranty.
Wind-tunnel optimized to maximize airflow and reduce unwanted noise, the GT-Air II’s three (3) intake and five (5) exhaust vents have been strategically shaped and positioned for improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion. A redesigned upper air intake shutter and enlarged lower air intake opening yield greater airflow throughout the entire helmet.
Aerodynamics & Noise Reduction
More than just aggressive styling and aesthetics, the GT-Air II’s progressive shell shape is compact and uniquely streamlined to reduce air resistance and drag. Improved, airtight window beading and an enhanced internal sun shield system prevent unwanted wind noise inside the helmet.
The GT-Air II’s advanced shield system provides a large, distortion-free view, facilitates smooth and easy shield changes, features an all-new “first position” shield opening, and comes equipped with a lengthened internal sun shield for optimal relief from sun glare in one quick motion.
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critically important as its first and second layers of defense, which is precisely why the GT-Air II features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM shell and Multi-Piece/Multi-Density EPS liner.
The GT-Air II is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry Interior System capable of dissipating sweat 2x faster than traditional nylon interiors. Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization along with premium two-tone interior fabric and red stitching accentuate the GT-Air II’s unmatched fit and finish.