Racer High Racer Gloves
***STG, Video Reviews***
The High Racer Glove is the most popular glove in our Road Race line. Featuring a Kangaroo palm with a Schoeller Keprotec abrasion insert, silicone finger tip grippers, and carbon fiber and Knox SPS protectors. Outstanding fit with virtually no break in, and you have a glove you wont want to take off!
- Kangaroo palm with Schoeller Keprotec abrasion resistant insert
- Knox SPS System - Scaphoid protectors on the palm
- Carbon Fiber protection on knuckles, fingers, and wrist bone
- Ring and little finger adjoined to prevent "finger roll"
- Perforated gauntlet and between fingers for airflow
- CE certified
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
Racer High Racer Glove Review from SportbikeTrackGear.com
RACER GLOVES SIZE CHART
Engineered by a racer
Posted by Old Lenny on 27th Apr 2016
Exceeded my expectations
Used their measurement chart
fit was perfect
Worth the money
You can spend more and get more flash but not the function
Posted by Sean Cresap on 19th Apr 2016
I recently crash tested my Racer R Gloves, and I survived but my glove didn't. I would have re ordered the same, but it was out of stock in my size so I ordered the Racer High Racer gloves instead. I think I like the fit even better than the first ones. I feel that the size is truer than the A Stars which fit a little tight.
My best pair of gloves to date...
Posted by Saif on 20th Dec 2015
Just got these; so can't comment much on longevity, but I'll talk about design and feel.
Background: This is my 7th pair of gloves. I've tried brands like dainese, rs taichi, and alpinestars; so my review would be based against those brands.
Design: These High Racers were very well thought of. Nothing extra or flashy was included. Instead, they concentrated on the details, like what kind of stitching goes where, and how the leather parts are joined together.
In terms of looks, the design is very low profile. Even in areas that feature significant protection (like the knuckles), they look streamlined and unobtrusive (compare these to rs tachi padded knuckles). I got these in black, and these look really stealth compared to my daineses. I also appreciate that the palm is done in a lighter colour. This is especially helpful for road riding,easier to give hand signals to car drivers. For a full on race gauntlet with this much protection, the High Racer is not a bulky glove at all.
In terms of features, I won't list down the whole lot, but a few things I noticed:
- All the digits feature carbon fibre sliders (2 on each finger), except the pinky which uses double layer of leather instead. This would allow better fit between the levers (if you use anything less than 4 fingers to brake or clutch)
- The knuckle protection uses a floating design, with a secondary short piece underneath (unlike dainese which normally use a long hard piece throughout) This allow for better range of movement; and paired with the ulna protector, provide enough protection for the back of the hand.
- Above the wrists, it's all soft leather, with only a small piece of carbon fibre on the outside. Doesn't look as protective compared to the tpu sliders normally found on alpinestars gloves; but this made putting the gloves on and off much easier. Also when worn over a leather suit, I feel that the protection is adequate. Coverage is good; much longer than most gauntlets, so even if your jacket sleeves are a bit short, these will not bunch up against them.
Feel: What's there to say? Every part fits perfect.
I bet these would feel even better after a short ride or two, but you don't have to spend a week breaking these in like the daineses.
Conclusion: I should've bought two pairs.
Great protection !
Posted by Jerry Lee on 15th Sep 2015
I just bought these gloves, and this past weekend Sept 12 2015 the first session on the track of the day. I went down coming out of a corner. I slid for about 75 yards on my right side. These gloves have carbon fiber knuckles. And the slide I had, ground the carbon fiber knuckle off of the pinky finger but it saved my pinky as well as the pinky and ring finger being attached. If it had not been my pinky finger would have been tore off or broke. These gloves are very comfortable right out the box. I would recommend these gloves.
Instant comfort & Great protection
Posted by Jeff Taylor on 16th Jun 2015
Gloves are a picky item for me, hard to find that set that just works right for you, I had been looking for a set to replace my previous gloves that just fell apart.. Enter Racer brand gloves.
Fit: They fit very true to their size chart, i followed their chart and placed my order with nick accordingly. Once i got them i put them on and whadda ya know.. perfect.
Comfort: This is the biggest thing with me, as much as we use our hands in this sport this is imperative. The gloves right out of the package slid right on and didn't fight you like most new gloves will. This glove to date is the ONLY one that does not pinch my hand where the palm & index finger meet. The inners of the glove are very soft & give you much feel through the fingertips while riding.
Protection: They put protection where it is needed, sliders where you slide etc.. very well thought out glove.