Permatex Thread Sealant
Total Price:Add to Cart
OEM specified. Locks and seals threaded fittings. Resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids and diesel fuels. Lubricates threads for easy assembly and disassembly. WonÂ’t shred or wear like Teflon® tape. Parts may be repositioned up to 4 hours after application. Temperature range -65°F to 400°F (-54°C to 204°C). Contains PTFE.
1. For best results, clean parts with Permatex® Surface Prep™ activator.
2. Knead tube of Thread Sealant before use.
3. Apply sealant to leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free of sealant.
4. Apply to only _?_of a thread turn. It is not necessary to apply to all threads.
5. Assemble parts and tighten to recommended torque. Refer to Technical Data Sheet for complete information.
*NOTE: Permatex® Thread Sealant seals threaded metal fittings on hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cooling systems. It is not recommended for plastics or rubber.