Important Styling Note: Any replacement EBC rotor purchased will be the same style as your bike's OEM rotor. Meaning, if your bike is equipped with non-floating/fixed rotors from the factory, the EBC replacement rotor(s) will also be fixed/non-floating. Similarly, if your bike is equipped with floating rotors from the factory, the EBC replacement rotor(s) will also be floating. If you have any questions regarding the styling of replacement rotors, please contact our team prior to placing your order.
- The steel used in the EBC rotor blades is a special stainless blend with higher friction effect than normal heat treated stainless steel found on stock discs
- Boasts up to 10% improvement in friction effect improving brakes even further
- Weight of the X and XC series is reduced by 5-10% by using a 6 only button drive system on a lightweight alloy centre hub, which once again grabs the lead over stock parts
- The SD-System uses a square sided rivet with many advantages
- The SD-System of square sided buttons means that the rotor can expand inwards and outwards unrestrained and that perfect rotor functionality is retained at any speed or load
- This extends the lifetime of the rotor and prevents distortion failures
- Keeps the rotor blades perfectly true and flat throughout their life cycle and technically the only reason for a rotor to need replacement will be impact damage or over a very extended number of miles possible rotor wear limits being exceeded
- This means that a rotor equipped with the EBC Brakes SD-System could last 5-10 times as long as a conventional rotor built with circular buttons
- The drive forces under braking are transmitted over a line contact on the square side of the button compared to the point contact of a circular button
- Maintains close tolerances of the rotor in the drive direction over a far longer period thereby extending rotor life
- Note: Acutal rotor may vary from image shown.