- The all new AGV K1 Helmet weighed 3.65 lbs in a size Medium Large on our shipping scale.
- We feel the AGV K1 Helmet has an Intermediate Oval Shape with a comfortable fit and reasonable on / off effort. We found the size chart for the K1 Helmet to be accurate, Van measures 58cm with an intermediate oval head shape which is a size ML according to the AGV Size Chart and felt the ML fit well.
- Van's opinion: The AGV K1 Helmet is pretty impressive given the affordable price of $179 - $249. AGV loaded this helmet up with features you do not normally see in a helmet selling at this price point. With it's modern styling, Valentino Rossi Graphics and aggressive 5 Intake Vents (very similar to the AGV Pista GP R and Corsa R Helmets) we think the K1 is a great option.
- The AGV K1 Helmet is designed for sportbike riders shopping for a helmet that vents well, looks great and doesn't brake the budget. With the ECE 22.05 Cert this is a solid option for street riders as well as track riders on a budget.
- ECE 22.05 and DOT Approved.
- The AGV K1 Helmet uses 2 Shell Sizes with 4 Impact Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- As shown in the Video Review we feel this helmet plays nice with glasses. Important to note there are a lot of variables and your results may differ.
- This helmet comes with a Pinlock Ready Clear Shield (Insert Sold Separately), Chin Curtain and Helmet Bag.
K1 is the brand new AGV sport helmet for everyday riding challenges. Born from the AGV racing technology, ready for every road experience. The aerodynamic shape, racing-developed front air vents and wind-tunnel-tested spoiler maximize performances and give stability at higher speed. The anti-scratch visor with Pinlock® anti fog allows a wider vertical and lateral field of vision. Comfort is no-compromise with Dry-Comfort soft and removable interiors. Competition is a matter of facts.
IMPORTANT REPLACEMENT SHIELD FITMENT NOTE: 2 different shield sizes are used on the K1 Helmet dependent on helmet size GT 2-1 for helmet sizes XS, SM and MS and GT 2 for sizes ML, LG, XL and 2XL
AGV EXTREME STANDARDS SAFETY
The thermoplastic outer shell provides great resilience and solidity and it is made in 2 distinct sizes. Its compact shape is a plus in terms of comfort, aerodynamic efficiency and safety, reducing the volume of the potential impact areas. 4-densities EPS structure of the inner shell guarantees superior protection against impacts. The AGV K1 is developed in 4 different inner shell sizes, to fit every rider's head at best.
MOTOGP CENTRAL AIR INTAKE
Derived directly from Pista GP R, the central front air intake is MotoGP-developed and it's designed to let more air into the helmet when the rider is in racing position. Extra air means a quicker thermal exchange which results in a optimal comfort for the racer.
AGV K1's air vents are fully adjustable and offer unlimited settings: 5 front ports allow a significant stream of air to be channeled thru the helmet and are gloves optimized, so it is natural to adjust the air stream while riding. Rear Aero spoiler features an integrated air extractor that allows air to exit, maintaining the air stream constant and consistent thru the entire ride.
The rear spoiler is wind-tunnel tested to maximize aerodynamic efficiency and ventilation also at high speeds. The Aero Spoiler is optimized to perform at its best in racing position and integrate a rear extractor, designed for immediate detachment from the outer shell in event of impact to increase the passive safety of the helmet.
A COLLARBONE SAFE PROFILE
AGV K1's base profile is shaped to be safer in case of collision, reducing the potential pressure on the collarbone that can be generated in an accident. A leading-edge solution, essential for the safety of the rider in every possible situation.
PANORAMIC FIELD OF VISION
AGV K1 features a panoramic visor that allows a horizontal view of 190° for unlimited field of vision. Thanks to its Micro Mech technology, the opening mechanism is very compact and allows 4 different opening steps. Also, the visor is replaceable and customizable. The anti-scratch Pinlock® ready lens provides superior antifog performances is designed to be equipped with Pinlock® lens depending on rider's preference.
Dry-Comfort interiors deliver radical comfort and superior head stabilization in every riding situation, while allowing an easy slipping-on.
VISOR MICRO OPENING
The Micro Opening system is an easy-to-use and immediate feature to let air in while maintaining the visor in place. Thanks to its innovative construction, the mechanism is optimized to work perfectly also wearing gloves.
DOT and ECE 22.05 approved