- The Shoei X-14 Helmet Weighed 3.75 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Shoei X-14 Helmet has an Intermediate Oval Shape, while offering a race fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-12, Shoei RF-1200, AGV Corsa / Pista, Bell Race Star and Bell Pro Star Helmets. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which according to the Shoei Helmet Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium X-14 Helmet delivers a true race fit that runs consistent with the Shoei X-12, Shoei RF-1200, AGV Corsa / Pista (medium small) Bell Race Star and Bell Pro Star Helmets in the same size (medium). Compared to the Arai Corsair X the X-14 has a tighter fit and requires more on / off effort, the difference in fit feels like almost 1/2 size. The HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet requires a little less on / off effort with a fit that feels just a touch looser than the X-14.
- Van's opinion: The Shoei X-14 Helmet is truly amazing and performs as advertised. Ventilation is excellent, it is very stable at speed, noise is not extreme considering the air flow (I always wear ear plugs) and the field of vision is unobstructed (I adjusted the interior on my X-14 to open the field of vision up in a tuck using their "adjustable interior" and it was noticable). These are all of the things I look for in a track helmet, they are equally valuable on the street making the Shoei X-14 Helmet a top performer for both. Bottom line this is a great helmet, Shoei is the benchmark for quality IMO and this is an excellent example of why I continue to say that.
- The Shoei X-14 Helmet is a High-End Race / Track Helmet that performs very well in that environment, it is equally good on the street.
- Snell 2015 and DOT Approved.
- The Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet uses 4 Shell Sizes with 4 EPS Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Shoei CWR-F Pinlock Ready Shield, a Chin Curtain, Lower Air Spoiler, Pinlock EVO Clear Insert and a Shoei Helmet Bag (Transitions as well as tinted shields are optional and sold separately).
- The Shoei X-14 Helmet is a product we believe in and support with our STG Factory Ride Guarantee. This item includes FREE Shipping for Exchanges and enchanced product support from Team STG. Offer available for US Domestic Orders only. Click here for program details.
Infromation from Shoei Helmets:
No matter if you are a MotoGP Race Winner, street rider or weekend track day enthusiast the Shoei X-14 Helmet is available to make your ride better. The difference between a race win and second-place finish can be decided by mere milliseconds, which is precisely why World Champions like Marc Marquez choose the all-new Shoei X-Fourteen to help shave time off of every lap. Track certified by the fastest rider on the planet, the X-Fourteen is a proven race weapon for those who aren't willing to sacrifice a single detail when it comes to high-end performance. Like the handcrafted race bikes that dominate MotoGP's premiere racing circuits, every detail of the X-Fourteen was carefully designed, tested and fine-tuned until this final, uncompromised masterpiece was born. The X-Fourteen-When milliseconds count.
Shoei X-14 Helmet Technical Features:
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Aerodynamics
- Refined in Shoei's wind tunnel to deliver the most aerodynamic and stable of X-Series Shoei Helmets yet
- All-new shell shape along with a completely redesigned, patent-pending Rear Stabilizer designed to maximize high-speed stability while reducing negative forces on the rider
- Standard Rear Flaps can be replaced with optional, narrower flaps to customize aerodynamics depending on rider preference and track demands (the optional flaps are only intended for speeds over 200mph)
- Strategically placed ridges along the top shell and chin bar reduce turbulence and drag
- Removable lower air spoiler reduces buffeting and drag
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Ventilation
- Uses six air intakes and six exhaust outlets optimized for maximum airflow
- Ventilated cheek pad cooling system delivers refreshing air to rider's cheek area
- Newly positioned side air outlets improve hot air expulsion
- Wind tunnel-optimized to excel in the tucked racing position, even behind windscreens
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Ventilation Adjustable 3D Max-Dry Interior System
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable
- Exclusive Max-Dry material absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as traditional nylon
- Ventilate cheek pad cooling system delivers refreshing air to rider's cheek area
- Patent-pending rotating liner components increase upper field of vision when in tucked racing position (this feature works well for riders on the race track)
- Optional sizes of each section of the center pad for a completely customizable fit
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
- Shoei's Proprietary technology integrates a six-ply matrix
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- Shoei's strongest, lightest, most elastic shell
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Dual-Layer EPS
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet Quick Release Cheek Pad System
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider's head with minimal load placed on his/her neck
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet CWR-F Race Shield
- Protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- Innovative new ribs on top and bottom edge improve rigidity and eliminate bending
- Exclusive, patent-pending Vortex Generators reduce air friction
- All-new double shield locking mechanism prevents unwanted shield openings
- Provides a flat surface to accommodate racing tearoffs
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
| || |
Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Motegi 2 Helmet QR-E Base Plate
- Facilitates quick and smooth shield changes
- Shoei's patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Strengthened springs for more precise functionality
- Innovative five-stage rotating dial for shield/base plate fine-tuning
| || |
Shoei X-14 Helmet Warranty
- Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from purchase date or seven years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first. The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer, (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc., ) is not covered under warranty.