- The Shoei RF-1200 Helmet Weighed 3.5 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Shoei RF-1200 Helmet has an Intermediate Oval Shape, while offering a sport / race fit with on / off effort similar to the Icon AirFrame Pro, Shoei RF-1100 and Bell Star (2016 and up) Helmets. Comparing the on / off effort to the Shoei X-12 and X-14 Helmets we find the RF-1200 is a bit easier. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which per the Shoei Helmet Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium RF-1200 Helmet delivers a true sport / race fit that runs pretty consistent with the Icon AirFrame Pro, HJC RPHA 11 Pro, Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, Shoei RF-1100, AGV Corsa / Pista (medium small) Bell Race Star and Bell Pro Star Helmets in the same size (medium). The HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet requires a little less on / off effort with a fit that feels just a touch looser than the RF-1200.
- Van's opinion: The Shoei RF-1200 Helmet is vents well in most any position which allows it to be effective on most any style of bike. Shoei’s wind tunnel development efforts are evident with the low noise levels (we always suggest wearing ear plugs) and stability at most any speed on the street or track. The field of vision is similar to the X-14 Helmet (without having made the adjustment to the interior) offering a wide open view in all directions. In a race tuck the field of view with the 1200 is close to more track focused helmets, making it one of the best if you are looking to use it on the street and track. Overall quality is class leading, others are close with Shoei maintaining a slight edge.
- The Shoei RF-1200 Helmet is a great choice for street riders, track day riders and racers. By design this helmet delivers solid performance from race tuck positions to fully upright. Purpose built for motorcycle riders that demand premium performance and quality.
- Snell 2015 and DOT Approved.
- The Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet uses 4 Shell Sizes with 4 EPS Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Shoei CWR-1 Pinlock Ready Shield, a Chin Curtain, a Breath Guard, Pinlock EVO Clear Insert and a Shoei Helmet Bag (Transitions as well as tinted shields are optional and sold separately).
The Shoei RF Series Helmets began with the RF-105 (this dates back to 1985, I was in my sophomore year of high school - Van), to the RF-200, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 and now the RF-1200. Each model in the series delivers significant improvements in helmet technology and of course safety. The Shoei RF-1200 Helmet is a true Premium Helmet that delivers a lot of bang for the buck and is really the back bone of the Shoei sales. We have found this helmet to deliver top shelf performance while riding most any street / road motorcycle on the street or the race track. With the RF-1200 Helmet you get comfort, plenty of ventilation, stable aerodynamics, low noise levels and quality. Quality of engineering, materials used and assembly is the category we feel Shoei leads everyone in (to be fair the other top level helmet brands offer excellent quality so the difference is not huge in most cases). The RF-1200 Helmet is an excellent choice for riders looking for a premium helmet with prices that start under $500.
Shoei RF-1200 Helmet Technical Features:
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet Ventilation
- Optomized in the Shoei Wind Tunnel to deliver the best balance of ventilation, silence and aerodynamics
- A 3 position lower shutter vent is designed to be used easily while wearing motorcycle gloves
- For optimal air intake and flow three upper vents are used
- Negative pressure suction through four upper exhaust vents for air exchange
- Overall improvement of air intake and exhaust
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet 3D Max-Dry Interior System II
- The RF-1200 Interior is removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable
- Shoei's Max-Dry System II liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as traditional nylon
- Cheek pads are available in multiple sizes and can be used to customize the fit of the helmet
- Shoei uses 3D Design matching the contours of a rider's head
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet CWR-1 Shield
- Protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- Ribs on top and bottom edge improve rigidity and eliminate bending
- Enhanced shield locking mechanism
- Pinlock® EVO prepared shield and clear insert come standard
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet Multi-Ply Matrix AIM+ Shell
- 4 Shell sizes and 4 EPS Liner sizes are used to dial in exterior size and internal fit of the RF-1200
- Six-ply matrix proprietary technology employed
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- The net result is Shoei's strongest, lightest, most elastic shell
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet Dual-Layer EPS
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Allows cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
- Precise placement of multi-density EPS material yields a more compact, lightweight design
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet Quick Release Cheek Pad System
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider's head with minimal load placed on rider's neck
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Marquez Power Up! Helmet QR-E Base Plate
- Facilitates quick and smooth shield changes
- Shoei's patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Strengthened springs for more precise functionality
- Five-stage rotating dial for shield/base plate fine-tuning
| || |
Shoei RF-1200 Helmet Warranty
- Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from purchase date or seven years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first. The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer, (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc., ) is not covered under warranty.