Evolving on previous designs, SHOEI has revamped its modular helmet style with a streamlined and attractively sculpted shape that conveys the feel of freely moving through the outdoors. Overall shell size is kept compact by incorporating the internal sun visor's open/close mechanism inside; all ventilation mechanisms are shaped and positioned in such a way as to reduce any possible drag. A redesigned aerodynamic spoiler also helps to cut lift, reducing neck strain on long, cross country rides. All these features combine to create a premium helmet that excels in appearance, protection, comfort and performance.
The Neotec 's chin bar is connected to the same axis point and mechanism as its shield, minimizing extra parts. This also enables simultaneous closing of the shield with the chin bar, which is then held in place with an easy-open lock release button. The shield lock system offers secure closure or the ability to keep the shield slightly open to allow for increased airflow. With the Neotec SHOEI now includes a built-in sun shield, the QSV-1. The visor tucks neatly away beneath a non-intrusive shell built into the helmet's liner, and can be lowered with the easy control of a sliding button.
An every-occasion helmet with the adaptability to excel no matter how big your next adventure, the SHOEI Neotec does it all. The seamless “flip-up” versatility of a true two-in-one helmet combined with superior shell aerodynamics, an internal sun shield, the Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system, and a fully removable, washable and replaceable liner, the Neotec is the next level of modular helmet design for today’s hybrid motorcyclists.
- Seamless “flip-up” versatility of a true two-in-one helmet
- Wind tunnel-tested shell aerodynamics and noise-reduction technology
- Convenient flip-down internal sun shield
- Next-level modular helmet design for today's hybrid motorcyclists
The Neotec’s “flip-up”, modular functionality offers the convenience and versatility of a full-face helmet that converts seamlessly into an open-face configuration for a true two-in-one design.
- Flip-Up Chin Bar and Face Shield
- Safety and protection of a full-face helmet
- While at rest, converts instantly into an open-face configuration
- Large lock release button facilitates easy handling with gloves
- Lightweight chin bar and face shield rotate with smooth precision on a single axis point, yielding the seamless versatility of a true two-in-one design
- 360o Pivot Locking System
- Road tested and made of high-quality stainless steel components
- Safe and secure closure when chin bar is in the down, locked position
In addition to its streamlined shape and shell-integrated spoiler, the Neotec’s innovative chin bar “Vortex Generator” lip reduces unwanted wind noise while helping to manage airflow around the helmet.
- Shell-Integrated Spoiler
- Wind tunnel-tested aerodynamics
- Shell-integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag
- Strong, lightweight shell construction
- Noise-Reduction Design
- Refined in SHOEI’s in-house wind tunnel
- Reduction of unwanted wind and road noise
- Dual-ridge window bead and the chin bar’s “vortex generator” lip reduce noise and manage airflow around the helmet
Equipped with a large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, a strategically-placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake customization, and uniquely-positioned upper exhaust outlet vents, the Neotec’s ventilation is ready for every adventure.
- Large upper and lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves
- Three (3) position upper vent for optimal air intake
- Wind tunnel-optimized for dramatically-improved cool-air intake and hot-air expulsion
The Neotec’s advanced shield system provides a large, distortion-free view, facilitates smooth and easy shield changes, and comes equipped with an internal sun shield that offers riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion.
- CNS-1 Shield
- Wider and taller field of vision
- Protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- Comes equipped with a Pinlock EVO fog-resistant system
- QR-N Base Plate System
- Smooth and easy shield changes
- SHOEI’s patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
- Internal Sun Shield
- Built-in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion
- Large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection-molded inner shield
- Distortion-free view blocks 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- Forehead area of outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, allowing for the integrity of the helmet's inner EPS liner to remain intact
- Exceeds ANSI Z80.3-2010 Standard for non-prescription eyewear
Few characteristics of a motorcycle helmet are as critically important as its first and second layers of defense, which is precisely why the Neotec features the SHOEI-exclusive Multi-Ply Matrix AIM shell and Dual-Layer EPS liner.
- Multi-Ply Matrix AIM Shell
- Proprietary technology integrates a five-ply matrix
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- Shell-integrated spoiler with consistent shell thickness guarantees proper strength and weight
- Dual-Layer EPS Liner
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
The Neotec is equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable interior system that’s been enhanced for a comfortable fit and maximum helmet stabilization during high-speed riding.
- Fully removable, washable, and replaceable
- Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head