***STG, Video Reviews***
- The Shoei GT-Air Helmet Weighed 3.55 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Shoei GT-Air Helmet has an Intermediate Oval Shape, while offering a sport fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-14, Shoei RF-1200 and Bell Star (2016 and up) Helmets. Comparing the on / off effort to the Shoei RF-1200 and X-14 Helmets we find the GT-Air very similar. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which per the Shoei Helmet Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium GT-Air Helmet delivers a true sport fit that runs pretty consistent with the Icon AirFrame Pro, HJC RPHA 11 Pro, Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, Shoei RF-1200, Bell Star (2016 and up) in the same size (medium). Note: we have seen riders choose on size larger than the Shoei Chart would suggest trying to reduce that initial on / off effort and regret that choice after the helmet breaks in. When deciding if the helmet fits focus on the feel once the helmet is on more than effort required to take it off and on.
- Van's opinion: The Shoei GT-Air Helmet is quiet while offering good ventilation (not RF-1200 or X-14 level) that is at it's best when riding in more of an upright position. Field of vision is wide open in any average riding position (a litte short at the brow in a full tuck), fog is kept at bay with the Pinlock Lens and the drop down sun shield is well placed while offering smooth operation. I find the GT-Air Helmet to be comfortable enough for a ride of any length. The GT-Air delivers as advertised, no surprise considering it is a Shoei.
- The Shoei GT-Air is a Street Helmet that best suits riders on bikes that offer more of an upright riding position in order to extract the best performance it has to offer. This helmet is a solid option for any Street Bike offering a more neutral riding position, from v-twin to sport bikes. While you could ride on the track with this helmet we would suggest looking at the Shoei RF-1200 Helmet if you see yourself splitting time between the street and track.
- DOT Approved.
- The Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet uses 3 Shell Sizes.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Shoei CNS-1 Pinlock Ready Shield, a Pinlock EVO Insert, a Chin Curtain, a Breath Guard, and a Shoei Helmet Bag.
The Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet is a pure street helmet, offering all the features a rider wants in a premium package. While riding in the GT Air you have the ability to adapt to the conditions with ease from the Drop Down Inner Shield to the fully adjustable ventilation system. Shipping with a Tinted Drop Down Inner Shield, Pinlock EVO Fog Free inner lens, a breath guard and chin curtain the GT-Air is ready to roll out of the box. Pulling form their vast experience in racing Shoei has the aerodynamics dialed in, offering superior performance in the wind.
Shoei GT-Air Helmet Technical Features:
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet Ventilation
- Large upper and lower vent shutters for ease of use with riding gloves
- Strategically-placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake
- Three (3) intake and three (3) exhaust vents
- Wind tunnel-optimized to maximize airflow and improve negative air pressure exhaust suction
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet 3D Max-Dry Interior System
- Fully removable, washable, replaceable, and adjustable
- Max-dry liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors
- Multi-layer cheek pads for comfort and helmet stabilization
- Three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet CNS-1 Shield
- Large field of vision protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays
- 3D injection-molding ensures distortion-free view throughout the entire field of vision
- Comes equipped with Pinlock® EVO fog-resistant system
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet Multi-Ply Matrix AIM Shell
- Proprietary technology integrates a five-ply matrix
- Hand-laid interwoven layers of fiberglass with organic fibers and resin
- Shell-integrated spoiler with consistent shell thickness guarantees proper strength and weight
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet Multi-Piece EPS Liner
- Provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam
- Designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S)
- Allows emergency medical personnel to easily and safely remove the cheek pads from an injured rider's helmet
- Helmet can be gently removed from an injured rider's head with minimal load placed on rider's neck
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Solid Helmet QR-N Base Plate System
- Smooth and easy shield changes
- Shoei's patented spring-loaded technology ensures a wind and waterproof seal
| || |
Shoei GT-Air Helmet Warranty
- Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from purchase date or seven years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first. The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer, (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc., ) is not covered under warranty.