The Saddlemen Exploer Special Seats are constructed for rider comfort with a deep sculpted saddle design that provides both comfort and support. This touring seat is designed with a split-cushion saddle which allows the seat cushions to compress independently for lumbar, tail, and hip bone support and reduces the occurance of sliding forward.
- These seats feature deep sculptured saddles with the most refined contours ever developed, painstakingly perfected to provide comfortable, even support
- The exclusive split-cushion saddle separates the lumbar support and seat cushions so they compress independently, reducing tail and hip bone pressure and the tendency to slide forward
Cover and Seat Layers:
- The hand-crafted cover includes our classic stitch-top, leather-grain SaddleHyde with sparkling chrome studs
- Under the seat's cover lays a plush layer of headliner foam for a supple touch
- Beneath that comes large pads of Saddlemen's proprietary SaddleGel that damps vibration while providing outstanding supportive qualities
- A foundation of our progressive density foam is the suspension system of the seat offering steadfast support that will not break down after long miles or many years of use.
Backrest Option Features:
- You can select an Explorer Special with Saddlemen's optional built-in backrest that has position adjustments, removes instantly without tools, and folds forward to ease passenger access
- Saddlemen's backrest provides plenty of lower back support and does not interfere with the passengers legs
- The storage pouch is standard with the backrest, providing a great quick-access point for your passenger's belongings
- A sharp, custom version of Saddlemen's popular touring seat that is engineered and styled to add superb comfort and quality to touring-type and cruiser motorcycles
- The seat's contours have been carefully developed using our decades of experience to provide mile after mile of riding pleasure
- Explorer Special seats generally have the same height as the motorcycle's original seat, but with a carefully shaped front section so the rider can better touch the ground at stops
- Leather-grain SaddleHyde seat cover offers excellent comfort with classic feel but is weather-resistant providing for low-maintenance ownership
- This stitch-top cover provides initial pushiness and a custom appearance while the progressive density foam and SaddleGel foundation for both driver and passenger offers supportive comfort for hours on end
- Accent rows of dozens of perfectly spaced chrome studs add the right level of custom to your seat
- Exclusive, unique split-cushion design separates the seating surface from the lumbar support, reducing tailbone and back pressure for maximum long-range comfort
- These seats feature large, plush lumbar sections that support the driver's back and posterior so well that big miles add up before you notice it
- The passenger section has been altered to improve comfort by strategically adding foam height and shaping the seating area so the passenger is not forced into the driver and has a better view over the driver's shoulder
- Special care was taken so the seat's pillion area fits well with backrests or rear trunks
- The Explorer Special seat is also available with a built-in Saddlemen driver's backrest that can be adjusted both horizontally and vertically to the rider's back and is removable for a sleek appearance
- The seat's carefully engineered, gel-coated marine-grade fiberglass base with plated hardware is the foundation for a long service life
- Each seat is easy-to-install with all necessary mounting hardware and instructions included
Saddlemen seats use rigid molded ABS or hand laid fiberglass that provide the strength needed for a quality saddle. Professionally engineered by enthusiasts who understand and participate in the passion of motorcycling, each pan is specifically molded to fit to the frame and bodywork of each model motorcycle. Our blend of artistry and engineering provides the best foundation for unique saddles with style, comfort and craftsmanship. Click image for baseplate configuration for this model.
- Chrome, Zinc or Powder coated brackets
- Strategically bumpered to protect painted surfaces
- Gel coated Fiberglass or Rigid ABS construction
Note: Images for reference only. Actual seat may vary in size and/or shape.