RS Taichi NXL304 GP-WRX R304 Race Suit
RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit Review and Sizing Info from STG
- We feel the RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit runs true to size as compared to most suits on the market today with a fit pattern that favors riders with athletic and slim builds. At 5' 11" 200lbs with a 32-33 in waist I wear a size 56 Euro / 46 US with a proper "Race Fit". This suit is offered in both Euro and Japanese Sizes for a total of 14 available sizes. The Euro sizes fit as exepcted and the Japanese sizes are a great option if you are hard to fit. - Brian Van
- The RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit is the most perforated race suit we offer today. The overall quality of this suit is very impressive from the YKK Zippers they use to the upgraded material used for the removable liner.
- This race suit will deliver the performance and protection needed for any level of motorcycle racing, track day riding or street riding.
- MFJ (Motorcycle Federation of Japan) approved. (MFJ is the strictest standard in the world). CE Certified protectors are found in the shoulders, elbows and knee/shins.
- The RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit is a product we believe in and support with our STG Factory Ride Guarantee. This item includes FREE Shipping for Exchanges and enchanced product support from Team STG. Offer available for US Domestic Orders only. Click here for program details.
The RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit is one of the best suits available at this price point. The R304 Suit features race quality full grain leather with more perforation than most if it's competition which make this an excellent choice for hot weather track riding and racing. CE certified armor is found in the elbows, shoulder and knees (as with most other suits you will need a proper back protector as the suit comes with just a foam pad in the back). For added crash safety and suit durability the R304 Race Suit is equipped with external protectors on the forearm, shoulders and knees above the pucks. All in all, this is a great one-piece race suit.
Taichi offers both European and Japanese cuts. For sizing assistance please call 888-784-4327 to speak to one of our fitment specialists.
RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit Technical Features:
TIPS: (Taichi Impact Protection Slider) on Shoulder and Elbow.
Schoeller Keprotec: Schoeller Keprotec stretch Kevlar in inseam and sleeves.
Flex Panels: Perforated leather flex panels in the knees, shoulders, and lower back.
Race Hump: Neck hump with air channel allows air flow in back.
Perforation: Airtech Vented Leather on front panel, upper arm and legs.
CE Armor: CE Certified Armor in the shoulder, elbow, and knee.
- Leather: Brazilian Cowhide Leather
- Airtech Vented Leather on front panel, upper arm and legs
- Flex Panels in Knees, Lower back, & Shoulders
- Schoeller Keprotec stretch Kevlar in inseam and sleeves
- CE approved armor
- Removable quick wick inner liner
- MFJ (Motorcycle Federation of Japan) Approved (MFJ is the strictest standard in the world)
- Neck hump with air channel allows air flow in back
- T-AIR Shoulder Sliders (Prevent body rolling during a crash, thus allowing the shoulder to slide, rather than leather catching and causing tumbling
- Neoprene cuff for comfort
- Double layered leather in elbows, shoulders, knees, and hip to thigh
- Triple stitching in places that need extra strength
- V-slider knee sliders included
- Comes equipped with knee cap tip piece and elbow slider
Note: The 46 Euro/36 US and 48 Euro/38 US sizes are available in the following colors ONLY:
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
RS Taichi GP-WRX R304 Race Suit Review | Sportbiketrackgear.com
How to Choose the Right Size Race Suit | Sportbiketrackgear.com
Race Suit Comfort Fit VS. Race Fit
How To Measure Race Suit Size from SportbikeTrackGear.com
RS TAICHI GP-WRX R304 RACE SUIT SIZING
Race Suit (1 Piece)
Posted by Daniel on 2nd Nov 2017
I am 6'1" about 160 lbs. For reference I wear 31" waist 34" length pants. 38" suit coat.
I called the STG team and they recommended I go with a size 54 euro.
The suit was pretty tight and I needed to slightly adjust the placing of the knee and elbow armor but it just fit for my height. After break in the suit fits very well.
The quality of the leather is top notch and you can tell the quality by all the attention to detail that was put into making the suit.
Unfortunately I was able to test the suit my second day out wearing it. I had a low code at around 60mph. The suit help up perfectly and the armor did its job.
If you are slim build and this is in your budget I would definitely recommend it.
Good suit and service
Posted by Cory kalina on 13th Oct 2017
Let's start with fit. I'm 5'11" (lengthy limbs) 165lbs. 32" waist and about a 40-41" chest. In dainese I'm a 50-52 euro depending on race or comfort fit but in that brand I always have a bit more room in the stomach area. With this tai chi suit i tried a 52 and found it to be a race fit but the sleeves didnt reach my wrist and barely reached the gauntlet of my race gloves. Also the fit for my broad shoulders was slightly off. I spoke with Corey Pierce of stg and he helped me tons. (Quick responses and very helpful) Corey actually measured the sleeves for me so I would be assured a better fit if I went up to a 54. I just got the 54 and it fits so well. Btw all fitting is done with a back protector. The fit in this 54 is almost race fit but will be a protective comfort fit once broken in. Sleeves are not at the wrists but are now a good amount under the gauntlet. Shoulders are sitting in the protectors perfectly. My stomach area is not loose but has room to accomadate a thin chest protector. This suit is my first one piece and a must after injuries from an accident in a two piece that had full zip around. I did try on the closeout dainese laguna d1. And it was a 52 that left me so uncomfortable and I say that while owning lots of dainese and loving the protection they offer which I tested with pavement more than once. The Laguna d1 was loose in the thighs arms and stomach. So I'd your thin like I am then you'll find tai chi to be a good fit. I love the suit and if your curious about what it offers, well just watch stg review. Thanks so much to the boys at stg for being so helpful. You habe a customer for life.
The best suit I've ever owned.
Posted by Angelo Stewart on 29th May 2017
Very nice race suit. Fits snug like it should. Was delivered on Friday and went to track day the next day. Already broken in after one track day. Can only compare it to a lower AGV suit and middle of the road Alpinstars suit. Best suit I've ever owned.
Great quality and really good airflow.
Posted by charles baxley on 19th Feb 2017
This is my first Taichi suit. All I can compare it to is the AStars Atem and the GP Pro. The Taichi is a size 60 and it is race fit all around. Im 5ft 11, 212 lbs with a 45 inch chest and 41 inch waist around the navel and 39 inches around the hips. I also have 26" quads and skinny calfs. With the Forcefield blade is is a tight fit in the chest and after 4 hour hot ride it was a perfect race fit. The Astars suits are size 60 as well but, they are comfort fit for me. As far a quality is concerned, I would say the Taichi is a notch above the AStars but, the knee protection on the Atem is better. The Atem also has hard armor built into the hips too where the Taichi sports hips pads. And, there is no more room to add any kind of chest protector at this point unless the suit will stretch more over time. Having said all that, this suits flows more air than any suit I have to date which is very important down here in the deep south. I plan on making this my go to suit on the hot summer days ahead. I will agree the race fit of the Taichi fits better with my boots and gloves. The leathers dont bunch up inside my Supertech Boots and my gloves dont bunch up against the extra space I have at the wrists, especially in the Atem. Sleeve length in the Taichi is spot on too. Overall, I.don't see any leather suit on the market that flows more air until you move into kangaroo or something.
Posted by Gabriel Waitman on 30th Jan 2017
Top notch all the way around. Evan is great. Mr. Van, I give you and your Company a BIG
Posted by Unknown on 16th Jun 2016
Evan helped me get an off the rack suit, that fits like custom. This is my 6th suit and the first one that actually fits. I have not crashed in the suit yet, but the quality appears to be very high.