The Rev'It! Akira One Piece Leather Race Suit is constructed from a balanced combination of Agustini and Monaco cowhide and PWR|Kevlar stretch. The combination of these materials results in a highly abrasion resistant outer shell without constricting movement. This leahter race suit also incorporates CE-rated protectors on the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees with the option to upgrade to a SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert. The shoulder and knee protectors are adjustable, and dual-comp protectors are incorporated at the shoulder, elbows, and knees for extra impact absorption. The Akira Race Suit also features a semi-perforated outer shell, removable lining, aero cool 3D mesh at the back all for ventilation, as well as multiple stretch tabs and replaceable knee grips for the best MotoGP experience possible.
- Augustini full grain cowhide - This high-quality, full grain cowhide is extremely durable and breathable, providing a combination of comfort and protection on any length of ride.
- Lorica - Lorica is constructed from microfibres that give the material characteristics similar to those of natural leather, including a leather look. This low-maintenance material is not as strong as leather, but softer and lighter, with a consistent thickness that makes it easier to process.
- PWR|Kevlar stretch - This PWR|shell stretch material has aramide and nylon fibres for extra strength.
- Neoprene - Neoprene is a synthetic rubber useful for protective gear. It is abrasion-resistant, chemical-resistant, waterproof, somewhat stretchable, and buoyant.
- Monaco cowhide - This type of leather is highly abrasion resistant, long-lasting and extremely protective. It's rugged leather with a natural shine giving it an elegant look.
- SEESMART CE-level 1 type B hip protector insert - version RV30
- Prepared for SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert - The back protector pocket in this Rev'It! garment is tailor-made to accommodate the SEESOFT CE-level 2 back protector insert Type RV - an easy upgrade to maximize safety.
- Double leather seat - The seat of your garment is a critical impact zone. To prevent the stitches from tearing, we reinforce the leather seat, giving you two layers of protection.
- Dual-comp protector - TPU aluminium protector at shoulders, elbows, and knuckles. The dual-comp protector consists of a 3D, pre-shaped honeycomb structure of TPU material, topped by an aluminium high-impact shield, for ultimate sliding. This lightweight hard part increases the level of protection significantly, without adding the considerable weight of traditional plastic hard parts. When fighting G-forces, every gram counts! Under the shoulder and elbow parts is ergonomically shaped, CE-approved armour, perfectly placed to maximize impact-resistance while preserving freedom of movement.
- Betac CE Protection -The Betac protection in our suits is the same as our heroes use in professional racing series such as MotoGP. They are CE rated for the highest level of protection. The use of Velcro makes sure they are fixed to the outer shell, preventing them from moving or turning in case of an impact.
- Safety Stitching - Stitching seams can be the weakest link in motorcycle garments, as they can rip upon impact. This ripping of seams can be prevented, however, through safety-stitching technology. Rev'It! uses safety stitching on garment areas at increased risk of impact (directive on the definition of risk category in zones 13595-1:2002).
- Safety Seams - The stitching in motorcycle garments contributes greatly to the abrasion resistance of the total gear. This is why Rev'It! uses safety seams on garment areas at increased risk of impact. Safety seams have a visible as well as an invisible seam. This construction keeps the material of the outer shell together, even when the visible seam is thorn.
- Adjustable Betac knee protection - This MotoGP spec protector is fully adjustable for the leg thanks to its extremely strong Velcro, in order to customize the position for each rider. This results in the best personal fit and riding comfort.
- Adjustable Betac shoulder protection - This MotoGP spec protector is adjustable on the shoulder, making it possible to customize the fit of the protector to the position on the bike. Thanks to the strong Velcro it will stay in place once positioned.
- Dual-comp knee slider type A - Dual-comp knee sliders type A are constructed from a high-performance TPU compound, combined with an extra durable PA6 compound. Specially designed for racers who want high-performance sliders, these higher-quality compounds offer good feedback, giving you maximum durability without compromising your feel on the road. The sliders come in a pair of two, each anatomically shaped to fit either the left or the right knee, and high-quality Velcro attaches the sliders to leathers, ensuring they stay where they need to. Type A sliders are available in three colours, to fit every colour combination of your leathers, and the dual-injected colours keep the design visible even when the sliders begin to wear.
- Composition - 87% Leather, 10% Polyamide, 2% Aramid, 1% Elastan
- Adjustability - double calf zipper
- Ventilation - partly perforated outer shell
- Features - stretch lips, comfort cuffs, double filet 3D
- Removable lining - A removable, washable mesh lining with stretch inserts for more comfort.
- Stretch panels - The stretch panels in this garment aid in flexibility. They contribute to the riders comfort as they provide great freedom of movement.
- Replaceable grip part at inside knees - This part at the inside of the knees gives you extra grip for ultimate control in the corners. It also protects the leather from wear and tear.
- Aero cool 3D mesh - This open-loft three-dimensional mesh helps facilitate optimal ventilation while riding. It features integrated lines to wick moisture away from the body, keeping riders cool and comfortable under even extreme circumstances.