Maxima Synthetic Chain Guard Care Combo Kit
We recommend this kit for street or track bike chain maintenance for maximum performance with a crystal clear look.
The Maxima Synthetic Chain Guard Combo Kit is the same kit we use on our bikes here at STG. It includes their Crystal Clear Syn Chain Lube that not only keeps the chain lubed but it does not cover the chain in white wax. If you like to keep your bike clean and maintained this is the kit for you. No chain clean kit is complete without a proper brush, we suggest the Tirox 360 Chain Brush which is the same one we used in the video. If you want to take your project to the next level we recommmend picking up Maxima SC1, Suspension Clean and Contact Cleaner with the kit. Each of these are multi purpose so they not only help get the same result on your chain we did in the video but can be used to clean many other areas on your bike.
Each kit includes the following:
- Maxima Clean-Up is an emulsion-type degreaser excellent for chains and sprockets that easily washes out with water.
- Maxima MPPL is a superior all-purpose spray-on penetrating lubricant that provides an excellent barrier against rust & corrosion. Great for displacing moisture.
- Maxima Synthetic Chain Guard is a crystal clear chain lube that resists fling-off. Advanced technology allows to penetrate critical inner pins and rollers, lubricating and protecting them from friction, shock load and high temperatures. Protective boundary guards chain against rust and corrosion while super clean formula minimizes the attraction of dirt.
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
How To Clean a Motorcycle Chain | Sportbiketrackgear.com
Oil and Chemicals
Sprockets and Chain Kits
6 Year Old Chain Like New!
Posted by Nathanael Visser on 6th Feb 2018
Never cleaned my R6 chain for 6 years (I know, horrible!) I also caked on the Chain Guard every 100 miles. After finally deciding it was time to clean it up, I bought this combo kit and cant believe the difference! After two round of CleanUp with the Tirox brush, the gunk(6 years of Chain Guard) started falling right off! TIP: Don't forget to hit with a strong stream of water after brushing. The MPPL was able to completely loosen up 80% of the chain links that were totally bound up. The other 20% were freed up enough for smooth rotation and I assume will free up completely once the chain heats up. A lite application of Chain Guard to the middle of the chain provided smooth and protected rotation. I will definitely be conducting this cleaning processes more often than once every 6 years!