Installing the Power Commander V on the Yamaha R3 gives you control over both fuel and ignition. If you would like to add the Power Commander V Quick Shift Sensor to your R3 no additional modules are required, only the sensor itself and appropriate shift rods needs to be installed with the PCV for clutchless full throttle upshifting. We have included more information and links to the Power Commander V Accessories for the R3 in this listing.
I installed an aftermarket exhaust and would like to install a fuel controller.
This is the most common reason to install a Power Commander V on their bike. When you install a Full Exhaust System or a 3/4 Exhaust System that eliminates the cat best practice is to install a fuel controller on the bike to ensure your fuel mapping matches the change you have made in the exhaust system flow. Dynojet has an extensive fuel map data base on their site you can upload to your Power Commander V, with multiple slip on and full system maps to choose from. Installing the maps on your PCV is an easy process most riders can manage on their own. The Power Commander V is also required if you plan to add other features such as quick shift.
I want to add the Quick Shifter for clutchless, full throttle upshifts.
The Quick Shifter is one of our most recommended mods for a track bike. This allows you to keep the throttle pinned and just step on the shift pedal to get to the next gear. Additional parts are required to enable this feature and there are options to choose from.
- To add the Quick Shifter with fuel mapping: we recommend installing the Power Commnader V and Quick Shift Sensor (with appropriate shift rods). No other modules are required to enable Quick Shift.
- Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII).
- USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming).
- 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included).
- Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed).
- Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature).
- With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
- Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes.
- 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb).
- Enhanced "accelerator pump" utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges).
Dynojet Yamaha R3 Power Commander V Installation Instructions
Power Commander V Accessories
| || |
Dynojet Power Commander V Quick Shifter Sensor:
- Allows for clutchless, full throttle upshifts when installed.
- Sensor is directional and available in both "push" and "pull".
- NOTE: to add the PCV Quick Shifter to your Yamaha R3 all you need to add is the Quick Shift Sensor. No additional modules are required for this model.
| || |
Dynojet Power Commander V AutoTune:
- Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture while riding using the Wide Band O2 included.
- Using this information the Power Commander V automatically corrects while riding.
- Works only with Power Commander V.
| || |
Dynojet Power Commander Shift Rod G:
- Use Shift Rod G with the stock rearsets or aftermarket rearsets that reuse the stock R3 shift rod.
- If you have aftermarket rearsets please verify the length of the shift rod being used and compare it to the stock shift rod before ordering.
- M6 male / M6 male. 20mm male threaded portion, 20mm male threaded portion, 88mm overall length.
| || |
Dynojet Power Commander V Map Selector Switch:
- Optional accessory for the PCV.
- Switches between two different maps that have been pre-loaded in a Power Commander V.
- Comes with a switch, wiring and instructions.
- Universal mount.