Bell Star MIPS RSD Blast Helmet
***STG, Video Reviews***
Bell Star MIPS RSD Blast Helmet Review and Sizing Info from STG
- The Bell Star Helmet Weighed 3.7 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Bell Star Helmet has an Internmediate Oval Shape, while offering a race fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, AGV Corsa / Pista and Bell Race Star Helmets. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which according to the Bell Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium Star Helmet delivers a true race fit that runs consistent with the Shoei X-14, Shoei X-12, AGV Corsa / Pista (medium small) and Bell Race / Pro Star Helmets in the same size (medium). Compared to the Arai Corsair X the Star has a tighter fit and requires more on / off effort, the difference in fit feels like almost 1/2 size. The HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet requires a little less on / off effort with a fit that feels just a touch looser than the Bell Star.
- The Bell Star Helmet performs very well on both the track and the street. It has the technical features we look for on track and the comfort needed for a long ride on the street which allow this helmet to crossover seamlessly.
- Snell 2015 and DOT Approved.
- The Bell Star MIPS Solid Helmet uses 6 Shell Sizes with 6 Impact Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Fog Free Class 1 Optics Lens, a Chin Curtain and a premium Bell Helmet Bag (Transitions as well as tinted shields are optional and sold separately).
- The Bell Star Helmet is a product we believe in and support with our STG Factory Ride Guarantee. This item includes FREE Shipping for Exchanges and enchanced product support from Team STG. Offer available for US Domestic Orders only. Click here for program details.
Information from Bell Helmets:
The Bell Star Helmet has been updated and provides performance ready for the street or race track at an affordable price. This Bell Motorcycle Helmet offers the ultra-light TriMatrix Composite shell and a super stable aerodynamic profile, every form and function of the Star has been designed to make you lighter, faster, and stronger. This full face helmet incorporates a X-Static®XT2 Silver Liner that is flexible and feels like tradtional textile liners while inhibiting the growth of bacteria. The Bell Star Helmet boasts Snell M2015 and DOT certifications and also features street orientation viewport, an included tie style helmet bag, and eyewear compatability with eyewear arm pockets incorproated into the construction of the interior liner.
Bell Star Helmet Core Technologies:
|Bell MIPS- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System- Leading slip plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.|
|X-Static XT2 Silver Liner - as a leader in antimicrobial fabric technology, X-Static material is clinically-proven to provide bacteria and odor protection throughout the life of the liner. This fabric has been used in previous versions of the Bell Star and Bell RS-1 Helmets with excellent feedback.|
|Tri-Matrix Composite Shell- this proprietary mix of Aramid, carbon fiber, and fiberglass delivers all the strength of carbon fiber in a more budget-protecting package. Other brands use this type of shell in their top of the range products.|
|Eyewear Compatible - Using prescription glasses or a preferred pair of shades is now possible with eyewear arm pockets woven right into the interior liner.|
|Reinvented Field of View - the Bell Star Helmet serves up a new viewport with better vertical field of view, better lateral field of view and enhanced head-check ability. Bell labels the viewport on this version of the Star Helmet as "Street View". Having tested both versions back to back on the street and race track we feel while there is a difference it is not massive so this version of the Star is appropriate on the track as well as the street.|
- 6 Shell Sizes and 6 Impact Liner Sizes are used for optimal fit. Please refer to our "Bell Star Helmet Size Chart" in this listing for a full breakdown.
- Eyewear Compatible for use with glasses.
- Integrated speaker pockets.
- Streetview Orientation delivers an unobstructed field of vision perfect for the street and equally at home on the track.
- Panovision™ Clear Shield with Class 1 Optics. Transitions and tinted shields are available and sold separately.
- Includes a tie style Bell Helmet Bag.
- Meets or exceeds the following certifications: Snell M2015 and DOT.
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
Bell Star MIPS Helmet Review | Sportbiketrackgear.com
How to Choose The Right Size Motorcycle Helmet from SportbikeTrackGear.com
Bell Star w/MIPS Ride Review | Sportbiketrackgear.com
BELL STAR MIPS HELMET SIZE CHART
Full Face Helmet
Style / Design