Bell Race Star Triton Helmet X-Large
Bell Race Star Triton Helmet Review and Sizing Info from STG
- The Bell Race Star Helmet Weighed 3.65 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Bell Race Star Helmet has an Internmediate Oval Shape, while offering a race fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, AGV Corsa / Pista and Bell Pro Star Helmets. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which according to the Bell Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium Race Star Helmet delivers a true race fit that runs consistent with the Shoei X-14, Shoei X-12, AGV Corsa / Pista (medium small) and Bell Pro Star Helmets in the same size (medium). Compared to the Arai Corsair X the Race Star has a tighter fit and requires more on / off effort, the difference in fit feels like almost 1/2 size. The HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet requires a little less on / off effort with a fit that feels just a touch looser than the Bell Race Star.
- Van's opinion: The Bell Race Star Helmet does everything I want a high end lid to do and then some. Ventilation is excellent, tons of air flow while being the quietist in it's class. The Virus interior not only feels good against the skin but it works with the vent system to keep you cool. Field of vision is wide open and unobstructed in a tuck or when looking through a corner. End of the day the real magic is in the 3 piece Flex Liner used in place of standard EPS material that has the ability to manage low, mid and high speed impacts along with a little rotational. It also allows the fit to literally adapt to your specific head shape while wearing it increasing comfort. The Flex Liner is the feature that really sets this helmet apart from the competition IMO.
- The Bell Race Star Helmet performs very well on both the track and the street. It has the technical features we look for on track and the comfort needed for a long ride on the street which allow this helmet to crossover seamlessly.
- Snell 2015 and DOT Approved.
- The Bell Race Star Triton Helmet uses 5 Shell Sizes with 6 Impact Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Fog Free Class 1 Optics Lens, a Chin Curtain and a premium Bell Helmet Bag (Transitions as well as tinted shields are optional and sold separately).
- The Bell Race Star Helmet is a product we believe in and support with our STG Factory Ride Guarantee. This item includes FREE Shipping for Exchanges and enchanced product support from Team STG. Offer available for US Domestic Orders only. Click here for program details.
Infromation from Bell Helmets:
The Bell Race Star Helmet is essentially the same as the Bell Pro Star Helmet (Retail price $1199 - $1299) with the only signifigant difference being the 3K Carbon Shell in place of the Textreme Carbon Shell. This full face helmet incorporates a Flex Impact Liner, which is a progressive impact liner to manage impacts across the spectrum of crash intensities, and a Virus® CoolJade™ Power Mesh Liner that not only effectively wicks away moisture but also keeps skin surface temperatures 10 degrees F cooler. The Bell Race Star Helmet boasts Snell M2015 and DOT certifications and also features Magnefusion™ Magnetic Cheek Pads, Panovision™ Shield with Class 1 Optics, race view orientation, an included zippered helmet bag, and eyewear compatibility with eyewear arm pockets incorporated into the construction of the interior liner.
Bell Race Star Helmet Core Technologies:
|Flex Impact Liner (Patent pending) - A first-of-its kind, three-layer impact liner designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios: low, mid and high-speed. 3 unique materials at different densities: 1) Expanded Polyolefin (EPO) - soft and flexible low-density polymer for low-speed impacts 2) Expanded Polypropylene - for mid to high-speed impacts 3) Expanded Polystyrene - for mid to high-speed impacts.|
|Virus® CoolJade™ Power Mesh Liner - Designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions, the Virus® liner allows athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk. The most technically advanced liner on the market CoolJade™ fabric has been infused with recycled jade to create a natural cooling effect. It's Ultra-wicking construction combined with CoolJade™ infused yarn decreases skin surface temperatures up to 10 degrees F, keeping the wearer comfortable, dry, and cool.|
|Magnefusion™ Magnetic Cheek Pads - Allows for easy removal of the pads for washing and enables emergency responders to easily remove the cheek pads first before removing the helmet following an impact.|
|3K Carbon Shell - the proven 3K carbon fiber gives the helmet the look, performance, and feel of a true race helmet.|
|Reinvented Field of View - the Bell Race Star Helmet serves up a new viewport with better vertical field of view, better lateral field of view and enhanced head-check ability.|
|Eyewear Compatible - Using prescription glasses or a preferred pair of shades is now possible with eyewear arm pockets woven right into the interior liner.|
- 5 Shell Sizes and 6 Impact Liner Sizes are used for optimal fit. Please refer to our "Bell Race Star Helmet Size Chart" in this listing for a full breakdown.
- Raceview Orientation delivers an unobstructed field of vision perfect for the track and equally at home on the street.
- Panovision™ Clear Shield with Class 1 Optics. Transitions and tinted shields are available and sold separately.
- Includes a Premium Zippered Bell Helmet Bag.
- Meets or exceeds the following certifications: Snell M2015 and DOT.
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
2016 Bell Star Helmet Comparison from Sportbiketrackgear.com
How to Properly Size and Fit a Helmet from Sportbiketrackgear.com
2017 High End Motorcycle Helmet Buying Guide from Sportbiketrackgear.com
BELL RACE STAR HELMET SIZE CHART
Full Face Helmet
Style / Design
Bell Race Star.. Excellent helmet
Posted by Anthony G Roman on 3rd Sep 2017
The Bell Race Star is an excellent helmet. Fit, finish and interior is top notch. Ventilation and vision is absolutely fantastic. The reason I didn't give 5 stars is it is a tad heavy for carbon fiber and no indents on face shield. Minor gripes. Worth every penny
Posted by John S. on 11th May 2017
After watching a number of on-line reviews about the new Bell Star line of helmets for 2016, I decided to upgrade from my Bell Vortex to a Bell Race Star. The key factors for me were greater protection and a quieter ride. The Bell Race Star offered both with the new Flex 3 layer inner liner and quiet operation. The new visor system offers fantastic peripheral vision. Far better than my Vortex and most other helmets on the market. This helmet is beautifully made and worth the price of admission. With the dark smoke visor this helmet is simply baddass. Bell has really stepped up their game and can compete agains the best in the business with regard to helmets. The airflow is fantastic with plenty of options venting. The fit while snug is true to size, If you are on the boarder on sizing, you might consider sizing up to the next size for greater comfort for street riding. The only down side I would note and it is a small complaint is that the visor is either fully closed or fully open, no detent for in-between at stop lights to allow air in.
To conclude, one of the best premium helmets on the market today.
Posted by John G on 6th Apr 2017
This is a very nice helmet. I seem to be in between sizes. I have a certified 60cm head, which, according to the size chart should put me into a L. The L was so tight that I couldn't wear it for more than 20 minutes. I exchanged it for an XL. That fits much better, but is ever so slightly loose around the crown. Since I would be using this helmet exclusively for racing, I cannot accept a bit of looseness as I might on a road helmet. Too bad as the helmet is really put together well and nicely finished. The helmet bag is really nice, too.
I'm dinging this review one star because the only complaint I had with this helmet is that they seem to have forgotten to provide accommodation for the wearer's ears. I actually have very small ears (I can't hold a pencil behind my ears) but my ears were pressed solidly against my head. after wearing the helmet for a bit, they got fairly sore. It was somewhat of a chore to get the helmet on without my ears folding forward, although I suspect that, with practice, that part would improve.
In short, I like this helmet, but it won't work for me and I, regrettably, have asked for a return authorization.
Posted by JB in NC on 9th Mar 2017
Full disclosure: I returned the helmet but not due to the the helmet! My head just does not fit the Bell Race Star. I was very disappointed. From the minute I saw the box and an awesome helmet bag, I love the helmet. The bag alone is amazing. I wanted to just buy the bag! Anyway, you can tell the helmet is very solid, the graphics are perfect, and the interior is very soft and comfortable. I just have a weird shaped head that fell right between sizes and my ears hit the wrong place. I sent both small and medium back, very disappointed because I could tell handling the helmet it was all that it said it would be. I would definitely order one and wear it on the street or track.