Bell Race Star Tracer Helmet Matte
***STG, Video Reviews***
Bell Race Star Tracer Helmet Review and Sizing Info from STG
- The Bell Race Star Helmet Weighed 3.65 lbs in a size Medium on our shipping scale.
- We feel the Bell Race Star Helmet has an Internmediate Oval Shape, while offering a race fit with on / off effort similar to the Shoei X-12, Shoei X-14, AGV Corsa / Pista and Bell Pro Star Helmets. Using Van as the benchmark he measures 58cm with an Intermediate Oval Head Shape which according to the Bell Size Chart puts him in a medium. In his opinion The size Medium Race Star Helmet delivers a true race fit that runs consistent with the Shoei X-14, Shoei X-12, AGV Corsa / Pista (medium small) and Bell Pro Star Helmets in the same size (medium). Compared to the Arai Corsair X the Race Star has a tighter fit and requires more on / off effort, the difference in fit feels like almost 1/2 size. The HJC RPHA 11 Pro Helmet requires a little less on / off effort with a fit that feels just a touch looser than the Bell Race Star.
- Van's opinion: The Bell Race Star Helmet does everything I want a high end lid to do and then some. Ventilation is excellent, tons of air flow while being the quietist in it's class. The Virus interior not only feels good against the skin but it works with the vent system to keep you cool. Field of vision is wide open and unobstructed in a tuck or when looking through a corner. End of the day the real magic is in the 3 piece Flex Liner used in place of standard EPS material that has the ability to manage low, mid and high speed impacts along with a little rotational. It also allows the fit to literally adapt to your specific head shape while wearing it increasing comfort. The Flex Liner is the feature that really sets this helmet apart from the competition IMO.
- The Bell Race Star Helmet performs very well on both the track and the street. It has the technical features we look for on track and the comfort needed for a long ride on the street which allow this helmet to crossover seamlessly.
- Snell 2015 and DOT Approved.
- The Bell Race Star Tracer Helmet uses 5 Shell Sizes with 6 Impact Liner Sizes to reduce the size of the outer shell as well as deliver an optimal fit.
- This helmet comes with a Clear Fog Free Class 1 Optics Lens, a Chin Curtain and a premium Bell Helmet Bag (Transitions as well as tinted shields are optional and sold separately).
- The Bell Race Star Helmet is a product we believe in and support with our STG Factory Ride Guarantee. This item includes FREE Shipping for Exchanges and enchanced product support from Team STG. Offer available for US Domestic Orders only. Click here for program details.
Infromation from Bell Helmets:
The Bell Race Star Helmet is essentially the same as the Bell Pro Star Helmet (Retail price $1199 - $1299) with the only signifigant difference being the 3K Carbon Shell in place of the Textreme Carbon Shell. This full face helmet incorporates a Flex Impact Liner, which is a progressive impact liner to manage impacts across the spectrum of crash intensities, and a Virus® CoolJade™ Power Mesh Liner that not only effectively wicks away moisture but also keeps skin surface temperatures 10 degrees F cooler. The Bell Race Star Helmet boasts Snell M2015 and DOT certifications and also features Magnefusion™ Magnetic Cheek Pads, Panovision™ Shield with Class 1 Optics, race view orientation, an included zippered helmet bag, and eyewear compatibility with eyewear arm pockets incorporated into the construction of the interior liner.
Bell Race Star Helmet Core Technologies:
|Flex Impact Liner (Patent pending) - A first-of-its kind, three-layer impact liner designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios: low, mid and high-speed. 3 unique materials at different densities: 1) Expanded Polyolefin (EPO) - soft and flexible low-density polymer for low-speed impacts 2) Expanded Polypropylene - for mid to high-speed impacts 3) Expanded Polystyrene - for mid to high-speed impacts.|
|Virus® CoolJade™ Power Mesh Liner - Designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions, the Virus® liner allows athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk. The most technically advanced liner on the market CoolJade™ fabric has been infused with recycled jade to create a natural cooling effect. It's Ultra-wicking construction combined with CoolJade™ infused yarn decreases skin surface temperatures up to 10 degrees F, keeping the wearer comfortable, dry, and cool.|
|Magnefusion™ Magnetic Cheek Pads - Allows for easy removal of the pads for washing and enables emergency responders to easily remove the cheek pads first before removing the helmet following an impact.|
|3K Carbon Shell - the proven 3K carbon fiber gives the helmet the look, performance, and feel of a true race helmet.|
|Reinvented Field of View - the Bell Race Star Helmet serves up a new viewport with better vertical field of view, better lateral field of view and enhanced head-check ability.|
|Eyewear Compatible - Using prescription glasses or a preferred pair of shades is now possible with eyewear arm pockets woven right into the interior liner.|
- 5 Shell Sizes and 6 Impact Liner Sizes are used for optimal fit. Please refer to our "Bell Race Star Helmet Size Chart" in this listing for a full breakdown.
- Raceview Orientation delivers an unobstructed field of vision perfect for the track and equally at home on the street.
- Panovision™ Clear Shield with Class 1 Optics. Transitions and tinted shields are available and sold separately.
- Includes a Premium Zippered Bell Helmet Bag.
- Meets or exceeds the following certifications: Snell M2015 and DOT.
STG Part Number:
Manufacturer's Part Number:
Select an option to see MPN.
2016 Bell Star Helmet Comparison from Sportbiketrackgear.com
How to Properly Size and Fit a Helmet from Sportbiketrackgear.com
2017 High End Motorcycle Helmet Buying Guide from Sportbiketrackgear.com
BELL RACE STAR HELMET SIZE CHART
Full Face Helmet
Style / Design
Posted by JCirner on 12th Jul 2017
I bought this helmet as a replacement for my Arai Corsair track helmet and my Bell Star Carbon Hess street helmet. This helmet fits better than the Star Carbon Hess and runs slightly smaller (I had the Medium in the Carbon Hess and went with the Large in the Race Star). Super light at 3.65lbs, great field of vision, love the new shield locking system and magnetic cheek pads. The ventilation is not quite as good as the Star Carbon Hess but it is noticeably quieter on the road. Overall a great helmet for the money!
Bell Race Star Helmet
Posted by Shane on 12th Feb 2017
You caught me I am a helmet addict! I added this to my motorcycle helmet collection a few months back and would like to share my experience after riding in it enough to form an opinion. As a point of reference I have the following helmets which I compared this one to: Arai Corsair V, AGV Corsa and the Shoei X-12.
The Bell race star helmet vents better than the others and makes less noise (I do wear ear plugs). Fit is similar the the AGV and Shoei, Arai seems a little larger. Comfort is excellent, that flex liner really adapts to you. The liner in the Star is the best of the four. Quality of the helmet is very good.
I would recommend this to any rider looking for a new helmet that rides on the track or a sport bike on the street.
The race star is a great helmet to wear
Posted by Unknown on 13th Sep 2016
This helmet fit snug but does break-in, it's lit because of the carbon fiber. And also the optic shield is super clear and easy to take off and on. Good job bell.